Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
New release

ADSL (l)user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: New release Reply with quote

When it will be done?

Has the development stopped?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

The development of GreedyTorrent has not stopped, it just got a bit delayed. I was a bit busy for a couple of months in pursuit of a job change, relocation etc.

If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to release GreedyTorrent 2 by the middle of September 2007.

Thanks for the support and patience.

Thanks and regards,
Alex
monsterous2008

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladd to hear it will be released.

one suggestion i have made, don't know if you read it, is this:
monsterous2008 wrote:
I use greedy torrent, and like it. But ther is one problem...

I cannot just leave it! I use multiple sites, and if i leave it, my ratio will be the same all round!

So, could a feature be added named "Random", when unchecked, allows the user to specify a specific value, and when checked, reads a data file that contains some numbers, and swithces between them every hour?

SO, if i have random checked, and the following in the list:

Then every hour, it will switch between them all, so creating different ratio poportions.

The file should be able to be edited by the user, so they can enter some numbers, to make it more custom to their needs. But i would reccommend about 30 numbers to start with...

Would be a better way, as places would not be able to use simple maths to find out you are uploading at certain % of your download. Will just vary it a little.
gtuser001

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also made a suggestion relating to this before which I want to reiterate. I believe monsterous2008 is referring to the fact that if you set your reported upload to be a multiple of your download your ratio becomes fixed at the same number for all torrents and looks very suspicious. The upload multiplier option does not have this problem, but it is difficult to maintain your ratio when there are no leechers.

My suggestion is this: allow the reported upload to be set as the SUM of the download amount times a multiplier plus the upload amount times another multiplier. This provides the advantages of both options and does 2 things. 1. It randomizes the reported upload by using the fact that the actual upload amount is not correlated to the download amount. 2. It allows pure seeding to still be credited, which I believe is not the case in the current version using the download multiplier option.

I would also like to see an option for reducing the reported download. And an option for simply blocking all communication to the tracker for a given torrent so that once you are seeded you could turn it off as if the torrent wasn't even loaded.
________
DC MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1