Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
getting banned
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General
Author Message
randy1953



Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: getting banned Reply with quote

opipoimui juiyytt6r56ytyi89 p`p+k

Last edited by randy1953 on Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
ace696



Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. So far, there's no way any torrent site admin can differentiate a GT user from a normal user.

This also won't work.
Back to top
TrackerAntiCheater



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace696 wrote:
No. So far, there's no way any torrent site admin can differentiate a GT user from a normal user.

This also won't work.

You are wrong. There _is_ a way to detect GT. I discovered it a few days ago and already banned 23 cheaters - GT users. I even know upload multiplier for every cheater I banned Cool
Back to top
Dusty



Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrackerAntiCheater AKA smpjc08 wrote:
You are wrong. There _is_ a way to detect GT. I discovered it a few days ago and already banned 23 cheaters - GT users. I even know upload multiplier for every cheater I banned Cool

You are SO full of sh1t smpjc08!

If you can't be bothered using your algorithm, what use are you?:

And if you have to brag about it rather than use it, what use is it?

Just go sort out that steam coming from your ears, coz it will make it hard for you to see the truth on your screen.

Rolling Eyes

See also:
smpjc08 AKA TrackerAntiCheater wrote:
boy this new algorithm is getting me well over 20+ cheaters a day when i can be bothered running it not automated yet but... nearly there cheers for the announces guys...

What a twat.

Cool

.
Back to top
TrackerAntiCheater



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty
Hi cheater Smile First of all, I don't know who is smpjc08 and what his algorithm is.

Quote:
And if you have to brag about it rather than use it, what use is it?

Maybe he does, but I simlpy use my algo, and I use it successfully Cool
A few examples:
1)
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/5yb6hj4cNy.png
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/T0hiVzq2vT.png
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/eqiw8kFVEU.png
First screen - cheater with 0 bytes upload. Second screen - I download 32 Kbytes from him. Third screen - he reports 73 Kbytes upload. There were no other leechers on that release. Banned Twisted Evil
2)
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/GqfamWTVA2.png
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/dqVtU7xh1e.png
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/4hU3DYQ28b.png
0 Kb upload -> downloaded 48 Kb -> reported 86 Kb -> banned Twisted Evil
3)
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/C5iTUXQBoA.png
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/5B2ELt642Y.png
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090830/QE17Wc4s7Q.png
0 Kb upload -> downloaded 32 Kb -> reported 80 Kb -> banned Twisted Evil

How did I find out that I need to check that specific users? That's my secret Cool My algo just tells me - check that user, he's probably multiplying his upload. I check it, and he gets banned Twisted Evil

P.S. So far, after almost three months of using it, there is no errors - every checked user was really cheating.
Back to top
Dusty



Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi cheater Smile First of all, I don't know who is smpjc08 and what his algorithm is.


Of course you don't. Embarassed

But thanks for addressing me as "cheater", FYI, however, I think "winner whatever it takes" is a better description. Call it a 'professional foul', or 'gamesmanship'.

Even if you do ban someone, they come straight back on with another IP; they've probably even got a couple of spare log-ins from last time the site was open.

It's a game - we win if we stay in long enough to pull down the stuff we want.
You lose with every Kb downed. Cool


-

Now, thanks for the clues you give there: some valuable stuff.

The most obvious being:

Cheat heavily on a torrent that has lots of leechers; cool it down when it's just you.

We knew that, but it's nice to have it confirmed that, by using GT subtly, it is undetectable.


Quote:
How did I find out that I need to check that specific users?

The algorithm checks at random, or sequentially, for any disparity and then alerts you. It is time inefficient, and processor hungry, therefore only of limited use.

If you have time - and no real life comittments - you'll check out things like new members with high ratios, overenthusiastic posters on the forums, people who blink too much when you talk to them - that sort of thing.

And, despite ALL THAT HARD WORK, anyone you ban will be back on the next day.


Quote:
So far, after almost three months of using it, there is no errors - every checked user was really cheating.


Of course, though, that is self-defining - you say they cheat, therefore they cheat.
I feel sorry for those you have banned simply because their line was faulty, or their client the wrong one, or they tried some unrelated software that you detect (like WM recorder): they are the people who won't be coming back, because they didn't cheat in the first place, they have no idea how to cheat their way back on.

-

The pictures were interesting: I'll be looking at those in more detail shortly.

In the mean time: you are such a throbbing great loser

Wink


.
Back to top
TrackerAntiCheater



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
The algorithm checks at random, or sequentially, for any disparity and then alerts you. It is time inefficient, and processor hungry, therefore only of limited use.

No, algorithm doesn't check by random. It's not time consuming - just about 20 lines of code without cycles in announcer. It watches everyone all the time, and GT users are always get noticed after 3-5 hours of using GT. And, after all, I check them all manually (I don't want to ban innocent users).

Dusty wrote:
Even if you do ban someone, they come straight back on with another IP; they've probably even got a couple of spare log-ins from last time the site was open.

Nope Cool My tracker allows registration only from specific providers' e-mails, and one user can get only one e-mail from his provider. And even if they register again, they are quickly get banned because they always forget to clear cookies or change IP Very Happy

Dusty wrote:
Cheat heavily on a torrent that has lots of leechers; cool it down when it's just you

For my algorithm, there is no difference. It detects upload multiplication, no matter how many there are leechers.

P.S. You know, there is only one way to cheat safely. Ghost leeching Wink And even in this case, I'm not sure Very Happy

P.P.S. Tracker admins - if you are intersted, I'll explain you this algorithm, but only when I'm sure you are really tracker admins.
Back to top
Dusty



Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm.. good stuff.

You algorithm checks EVERY download and upload, ALL the time.

Sounds like you got it all sewn up.

Too tough for me!

I'll stick to cheating Demonoid.


Must remember to clear my cookies and change my IP next time Rolling Eyes

-

DO alert the other tracker admins, though - they could certainly use some help!
Back to top
smpjcO8



Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please publish your algorithm info for us.

You will know me as part of TB staff.

These cheater's haven't got a clue as they do not run tracker sites, only they use sh** apps like this one and have no control over the site.


It would be very helpful if we pulled information and defeated them.

I have tried to PM you via here, but this is disabled - let's get in touch.
Back to top
TrackerAntiCheater



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smpjcO8
Send me an e-mail.
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090906/4Tr2uzCcA1.png

It would be preferred if you write to me from your tracker's e-mail, not from one of conventional e-mail services.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2