Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
EVERYONE - PLEASE READ..!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
paulb100

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: EVERYONE - PLEASE READ..!!! Reply with quote

I see there are lots of people with simple problems who don't seem to be setting it up correctly or asume its not working...

now before I tell you how to set it up please read:

1. please be aware that the effects are not INSTANT - your torrent will update the tracker usually every 30 minutes... then it can take up to another 30 minutes for the tracker to refresh and show the new figures on your account on your private tracker....

2. this program is not to increase download speed so dont bother with it if that's what your after.... what this does is fake upload credit to boost peoples ratios on private sites...

3. do not use silly amounts or the admin will notice and ban you - if youve been uploading at avg of 30KB/s and all of sudden upload 3000KB/s for extended periods then it will stick out like a sore thumb and you will be banned - be patient with it and set it to 3 or 4 times your upload (unless you have seriously poor uploads speed then set at 6 or 7 times)...

4. once setup and running it reportsin the main window 'GreedyTorrent Started Running' and on bottom of the window it says "GreedyTorrent is Idle" - this is all normal and does not mean its not working..!! - whenever your torrents update to trackers every 30 minutes or so then the window will show four lines of info
A) the tracker its connected to
B) download/upload and modified upload
C) tracker update request sent
D) data received from tracker
...thats it... you see these every update (30mins) - just cos it says its idle doesnt mean its not working it means its waiting for next update

5. do NOT disable GT or reduce ratio during use of your torrent client as this could result in a ban from your tracker (depending on how they operate) - for e.g. if your using GT to report 10x upload then you reduce or terminate GT in the 'active' torrent session the next time it reports the 'total' it will be less than the previous one and that might flag up on the system, especially if your tracker is using Anti-Cheating software - ive noticed that uTorrent doesnt report the amount transferred between updates but the complete total since session started, so this method of lowering your ratio during the session could flag up on system, set it and leave it - if you wish to change it then close your torrent client (be sure its not still running in tray/background) then change the ratio on your GT and re-open your torrent client and it will then start a new session, stop/start torrents may be enough but i advise to close program to be sure.

6. PLEASE WAIT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES FOR YOUR TORRENT TRACKER TO REFRESH THEIR SYSTEM AND UPDATE ALL USERS RATIO - THESE DO NOT REFLECT INSTANTLY

I have it working a charm on uTorrent 1.8.3 and Windows 7 32-Bit...

for uTorrent:
open UTORRENT, click OPTIONS | PREFERENCES | CONNECTION - on the Proxy Server section use drop-down box to choose HTTP, in the address box type 127.0.0.1 and enter a port number in the box, now click APPLY then OK...

for other torrent clients:
http://www.greedytorrent.com/docs/guides/

open GREEDYTORRENT, click PREFERENCES and enter the same port number as you entered into Utorrents proxy server section and click OK...

NOTE: if you have a Firewall installed you will have to forward the port used otherwise the firewall will just block it

now everything will be working and as soon as a torrent goes to update the traffic is routed through GT which amends the data and then forwards it to the tracker... simple as...
vanillachip

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I just started using torrents and I was lost! Simple like talking to a 3rd grader was great! I would like to know what it means by can not conect to host? Again can not something something client? It is working now with a modifi of about 300kbps. thanks again!
scemcrevatt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: EVERYONE PLEASE READ Reply with quote

MAKE YOUR OWN THREADS PLEASE

Its too confusing to have 2 or 3 people with the same problem all in the same thread. Its difficult to keep up with who I told what and where we are at with your particular problem. If you have a similar problem search first in similar threads and then post a thread if you still need help.
scemcrevatt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Wed Sep 28 2011 8 48 am Reply with quote

Steps to donate tokens to another user:Find one of the users posts.
In the user information on the left of the post, locate the Donate link at the bottom.
Click on it. Enter the amount of tokens you wish to donate to that person and your message to accompany it.
Click the "Donate" button. Itll then get sent as a PM to that user and youll return back to the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1