Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Torrent sites don't allow proxy connections = not working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
JP89420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Torrent sites don't allow proxy connections = not working. Reply with quote

Just as the topic title says, I ran across a few sites that do not allow proxy connections, and because of this GreedyTorrent doesn't work for that torrent site.

So, is there any way around this or am I pretty much screwed for those particular sites that don't allow proxy connections?

Thanks for any responses. Smile

EDIT: Well, I downgraded to 2 versions of uTorrent. 1.7.2 and 1.7.4. Both didn't give me the proxy connection error. But when I was using the latest 1.7.5 is when I got the error.

Could this be a bug in uTorrent, or maybe intentional to prevent people from cheating trackers?
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by saying site doesnt support proxy connections? Please explain. Or else, you provide us some URLs so that we all can test those sites.
JP89420

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I should have specified. I get the following error in the Tracker Status message area, "no proxy connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

But like I said it only happens in v1.7.5. I tried in 1.7.2 and 1.7.4 and it worked fine.
JP89420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to know if anyone has had success using uTorrent v1.7.5 with GreedyTorrent.
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a fellow GT user to look into your issue and provide help, please post more information like:

(1) The client you are using and its version
(2) The tracker address you are using
(3) Screenshots
(4) Steps you have taken to configure GT. If you don't remember, do it from scratch, note down and post.

Also, please do a search before you post it, mostly it will solve your issue if it has been discussed before.

Cheers!
zecompadre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP89420 wrote:
I just want to know if anyone has had success using uTorrent v1.7.5 with GreedyTorrent.

i'm using with utorrent 1.7.5 since ever !
filmaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP89420 wrote:
sorry I should have specified. I get the following error in the Tracker Status message area, "no proxy connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

But like I said it only happens in v1.7.5. I tried in 1.7.2 and 1.7.4 and it worked fine.

I have this problem, too. Im using v1.8 beta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1