Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
GT is not needed to cheat a ratio!!!

STanLY1234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: GT is not needed to cheat a ratio!!! Reply with quote

A MAJOR flaw in all ratio systems! - Including passkey versions!

If the tracker sees you uploading, your upload is counted.
If the tracker sees you downloading, your downloads are couted.

We all know that.

But where is the problem?
Well, firstly, we need to look at one thing in detail.. not too much though.

A P2P network is just a massive network, sharing files. WRONG.
A P2P network is just a network, sharing files.

So, how is this relevant?
Well, at home you have a network. All be it your Router an 1 PC, but it is still a network.
As long as you can connect to a tracker, you are ready to go.

So, what I am saying is, with just 1 PC, and 1 Internet connection, you can "cheat" your ratio!
You are cheating, but not in a widely recognised manor.

So how is it done?
Well, like I said, it is all one network. A network with several peers. You need to emulate another peer, and your nearly there!*
So how do we emulate this other peer?
You simply have a virtual machine installed. Then, you install your torrent application, and download a torrent.

But that does not seem like cheating, or even doing anything other than increase your downloads.
Well, that is the secret part.
Once you have emulated your other peer, your network speeds are near enough how fast the harddrive can operate. So you can be downloading at about 5MB/s in your emulated client.
This is because, you have added another peer, this one want to download. You have your main peer, without emulation going too, seeding. This will be able to send the data VERY fast.

But how does this work exactly?
Main machine has a very large torrent successfully downloaded. Start to seed it, with no restrictions.
Get your emulated peer to download this torrent, and download as fast as possible.
You are basically copying the file on your harddrive.

So two more things. Will the tracker recognise the sudden increase in speed? and Nearly there, what else is there?
Nearly there - you need a second account on a tracker. One you are willing to loase for SERIOUSLY low ratio.**
The tracker will pick up that your MAIN account is uploading as fast as account 2 is downloading. Therefore, you are just seeding, to another peer, and your speeds match, so there seems to be nothing wrong.

* YOu may also need a proxy, or another IP to report back. This is to make sure that the IPs are different, and you are not caught.
** NEEDED for passkey systems, where the user details are within the torrent.

[hr]

This is just an information system to warn about the "high speeds" some people can have.
Not really that good, if they are just seeding to themselves.

[hr]

Tried, tested, works.
Not seen any other posts about it anywhere!
Try it.
If you want more info.. just ask.
I am not saying exactly what to do, but if you can deciepher all of that ^, you can cheat your ratio legitimetly! - And super fast!!!
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're sworn to do everything the hard way? Don't you think just installing GT is "easier" than installing a virtual machine, having two clients and seeding to myself? OMG. GT takes only 1-2 MiB in my mem & hdd, and load is as if I am not even using such a thing. How about your config? Isn't that overkill for cheating a simple ratio?

Btw, your trick has a major flaw. May be you didn't notice, both your clients will have the same IP address when reporting to actual tracker. Foiled? Smile
STanLY1234

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Btw, your trick has a major flaw. May be you didn't notice, both your clients will have the same IP address when reporting to actual tracker. Foiled? Smile

Ahh!

Your are wrong!

Quote:

* YOu may also need a proxy, or another IP to report back. This is to make sure that the IPs are different, and you are not caught.

And yes, it is harder work. But you cannot be caught for cheeting, as one member is downloading, and one is uploading at the same speeds. It matches on the tracker, so you have not cheated in therory Smile

It is a brilliant way for all those people with SUPER low ratios to quickly build it up Very Happy
AloneInTheDark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a know someone who did something similar to this.

unfortunately, the admins are clever. they checked his isp, and the isp turns out to be some crappy adsl not capable of high upload speed. banned.. lol.
hibliss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: GT is not needed to cheat a ratio!!! Reply with quote

And how could I set up the vitual machine?

I have been using this software for a while now, and love it.
But whould it really work, and is it better?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1