Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Announced less bytes than previous when seeding

spaznick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Announced less bytes than previous when seeding Reply with quote

When seeding and lets say tracker updates every 30 min. First session you downloaded real 100mb add gt 2.0 total announced 200mb first 30 min. Lets say you turned gt off or whatever and you had 2nd session real upload 50mb with no gt. My question is what will it announce to the tracker, 250(but gt is off) or 150(previous announce was already 200)?

Thanks
Sajiv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Q. I guess I got your question, but need some more information to provide an answer. Please provide the following also.

1. The multiple value you are using

2. Are you using an Upload multiple or a Download one

3. Did you restart your bittorrent client after initial session (GT does not keep track of session, but your bittorrent client does, for example uTorrent)

4. Your bittorrent client

5. Initial download (u have mentioned 100MiB) and upload (Not mentioned)

6. Second session download (Not specified) and upload (u have mentioned 50MiB)

One quick note: If you want to do a session without GT, you dont need to close it, instead change the proxy settings in your bittorrent client. If proxy is configured and GT is not started, your client wont be able to connect to tracker.

Regards,
spaznick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 2.0

2. upload multiple

3. no restart, its just a question i thought about

4. utorrent

5. download:inf file fully downloaded - seeding stage

6. no download

my apologies for not making it clear. In this scenario you are a new seeder that just joined in. your download ratio is inf, your starting upload is 0 mb. thanks for your quick note and also if its possible to add more options in there. Maybe something like multi configuration for each torrent. I really don't want to use the same rule for all the active torrents i have.

As long as you don't put an absurd number in your gt, i can confirm it works on most or all level 1 torrent sites
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi spaznick,

As long as you don't restart uTorrent, the session is not cleared. Ie., in initial session, lets say you uploaded 100MiB... Even if you restart GT alone, the session inside uTorrent is intact, and the next time you upload 50MiB more, uTorrent will announce at 150MiB.. So if you have 2.0xupload set in GT, it will be reported as 300MiB.

Lets say if you dont have GT in the second session, uTorrent will directly report 150MiB, which is not safe because you already reported 200MiB with GT in the initial session. In such a case if you want to upload without GT in the second session, close and restart uTorrent. Then, the initial session will be reported as 200MiB, and new 50MiB without GT, totalling to 250MiB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1