Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
small problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

charltonchub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: small problem Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm after some advice really.
friend of mine sent me this app which I'm now using with great success.
The problem I'm having is that I'm only on a few small private sites and am trying to build a good ratio for screenshots to get invites into the bigger ones.
Well my mate and me are both on a site and he leeched 300 !
I wanted this film too so started downloading.
Problem is that all the other seeders stopped seeding and as my mate reached his required ratio without really seeding to 1 I'm now stuck at 20% Sad
If this app get too wide spread this could happen alot, cause hey why seed if your a leech right !
Is there no way I can tell if someone is using this so I can genuinly work out the health of a torrent ?
uberrig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwned !

//U
________
Weed

Last edited by uberrig on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
charltonchub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwned ?

what does this mean ?
and how is it going to help ?
nuget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charltonchub wrote:
pwned ?

what does this mean ?
and how is it going to help ?

Its means, your a cheater who doesnt succeed Cool

And how its gonna help you.... erm... not Wink
B84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charltonchub, you just described what we are trying to say; sharing is caring, without the sharing, people don't care whether you finished just the 20%, more or even less.

I guess one really has to experience stuff him/herself to understand the point quite a few people have tried to make.

If more and more cheaters keep sending invalid upload data to the tracker, other peers will suffer under the circumstances. It's not just them, but the ball will bounce back at ya, as charltonchub just described. He doesn't like it, what would happen if more and more cheaters will use this to send fake upload info to the tracker? Indeed, the swarm will die while the overall coverage isn't complete, so more users will get stuck before they completed 100%
nuget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B84 wrote:
charltonchub, you just described what we are trying to say; sharing is caring, without the sharing, people don't care whether you finished just the 20%, more or even less.

I guess one really has to experience stuff him/herself to understand the point quite a few people have tried to make.

If more and more cheaters keep sending invalid upload data to the tracker, other peers will suffer under the circumstances. It's not just them, but the ball will bounce back at ya, as charltonchub just described. He doesn't like it, what would happen if more and more cheaters will use this to send fake upload info to the tracker? Indeed, the swarm will die while the overall coverage isn't complete, so more users will get stuck before they completed 100%

Yeah, indeed.. would you like it when your download is at 80% and there are only fu** cheaters left... no you wouldnt..

Share what you take.
charltonchub

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look ppl, I'm using greedy because I've only got 12kB/s upload speed so find it real hard to maintain a ratio on sites which require me to hit 1:1.
On sites that dont ask for 1:1 on each torrent but require a set amount of seeding time I do goto the full time but these sites invariably dont have many leechers so I'm lucky cause with greedy I can still hit 1.
I wanted to know if it was possible to spot other greedy users so that I can measure the true health of a torrent.
If this thread is going to be spammed to death then perhaps a staffer can pm me ?
hitler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am sorry charltonchub but there is no way to detect whether someone is using GT or not.. Wink
Diablo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there's a way to detect GT easily ...then its game over for GT !!!

btw, try urself to find GT users .... and tell how u found GT users to the developer of this program . Smile
Melvinmeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo wrote:
if there's a way to detect GT easily ...then its game over for GT !!!

btw, try urself to find GT users .... and tell how u found GT users to the developer of this program . Smile

While it may be hard to detect users using greedytorrent from the peers list... I have found that checking the actual announces in the servers apache logs brings forth much fruit in detecting this sucky plugin.
Most people wouldnt bother checking such logs cause its kinda time consuming but me as well as others are in the process of making it more obvious when people are using this client. I have already been 14 people in the last 4hrs using this plugin. Looks like its back to the drawing board for the coders Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2