Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
BitComet and GreedyTorrent dont work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
johnnyk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: BitComet and GreedyTorrent dont work Reply with quote

Hi,

I've configured BitComet to use a HTTP1.1 proxy (the only other options were for SOCKS proxies) and it doesn't seem to work. I've manually tried telnetting to localhost on port 3456 and issuing a HTTP GET command but it closes the connection before I've even hit enter twice.

Is this a bug or does Greedy Torrent only support HTTP 0.9 and 1.0?

- John
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. I also got the same problem... I tried with Apache proxy, and still doesn't work.. I think its something wrong with BitComet. Did you check BitComet with any other proxy?
johnnyk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilgeeek wrote:
Yea. I also got the same problem... I tried with Apache proxy, and still doesn't work.. I think its something wrong with BitComet. Did you check BitComet with any other proxy?

I haven't. I would imagine it should work tho! Greedy torrent wouldnt even accept a request I fed it by hand... it just closes the connection Sad
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... You're right. GT does not accept telnet input. I guess its because it does not accept character-by-character input. Wondering if BitComet is sending an HTTP request part-by-part.

I tried configuring GT as a proxy server using Firefox. Its working perfectly. Definitely there's something wrong with BitComet proxy request. Someone needs to check what's going on in detail using some packet analyzer like Ethereal or something..

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1