Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
The bug that might get you banned ...

DARKNESS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: The bug that might get you banned ... Reply with quote

Hi there, i've been using Greedy Torrent for 2 months and i managed to work with it like a pro Smile first of all thanks a lot for creating such easy app
the reason i made an account here is to post this, the only thing that i hate on it, ex: if i'm downloading something, and my real stats are 1 gb download/150 mb upload, and fake 1 gb download/2 gb upload, now if i get into some situation like urgent restarting of my pc or the power goes down or the download client crushes, everything resets when i open again the client .... the tracker knows i uploaded 2 gb but Greedy Torrent starts again from 0 not continuing with the fake upload
the fake that i already uploaded is counted into the general site ratio but in the torrent ratio is screwed, now if the site script is powerful and the admins are 'watching' there is a 50% chance to get banned
i'm sure many of you out there that have any idea how this app works, know what i'm talking about and realized the bug i mentioned above
also i had some Greedy Torrent crushes too .... (i really don't mind about this, happens once a week)
i've been waiting more than a month for a new version and thought this might been fixed but i'm not sure it's coming this year Very Happy
the chances that the bug i reported might be fixed i think they are 2/10 ....
looking forward to see a reply from the admin or the developers
thanks and RESPECT ! for this fine utility Wink
//////////////
sorry for my bad english and for this huge post
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darkness,

Thanks for the post. The bug you are mentioning about, I believe it does not exist.

GreedyTorrent only modifies what your BitTorrent client tries to report. So, after a restart of your bittorrent client or your PC, your bittorrent client resets the upload and download counter and starts a brand new session at the tracker -- i.e., it starts to count from zero again.

Thus the download/upload amount submitted by your bittorrent client to the tracker after a restart, even in absence of GreedyTorrent, would start from 0.

The tracker takes care of this automatically, as soon as it starts a brand new session, it starts adding the newly submitted ratio to the previous one without destroying it.

And this will not result in detection or ban of a GT user. The behavior is by design and according to BitTorrent specification.

Regarding the next version, if everything goes according to plan, I'm expecting the next release by the middle of September 2007.

Thanks and regards,
Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Found bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1