Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Is Greedy dead or what?

raynerape

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Is Greedy dead or what? Reply with quote

It has been many long months without even the slightest update of this excellent software, while feature requests have been piling up and there's just so much that can be done to make this program better. What happened? Is Greedy dead now?

Okay, let's talk the money thing then. How much do we have to donate in total to make the developer release a proper feature-packed new version?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Is Greedy dead or what? Reply with quote

raynerape wrote:
It has been many long months without even the slightest update of this excellent software, while feature requests have been piling up and there's just so much that can be done to make this program better. What happened? Is Greedy dead now?

Absolutely not. We are still collecting possible features that needs to be implemented in the next version.

As for now, "proxy chaining" is one of the major features that have been finalized for the next release. Secondly, researches are being done on the feasibility of an "I'm not even downloading" option. That way, your ratio never goes low, because you are not downloading! Smile

Meanwhile, raynerape, post us the features you would like to see in the next version.

raynerape wrote:
Okay, let's talk the money thing then. How much do we have to donate in total to make the developer release a proper feature-packed new version?

GreedyTorrent is freeware and will remain same in the future too. Future versions and support are not dependent on donations. However, if you like GreedyTorrent and you want to support its development, feel free to donate.

Thanks and regards,
Admin.
raynerape

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a large number of feature requests posted on this forum, some by me as well, so I guess that makes for a fine list of things to do. As for money, I am going to donate once I see a feature packed new version released. I hope others join me. I am going to donate each time I see progress in a program that saves me a lot of trouble when torrenting, and I do torrent a lot... Wink
cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im glad its not dead! Smile
cant wait the new release
Gonzakpo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, congrats for the prog. Incredibly useful.

I wonder if there's the possibility of adding the following feature in the next release of the program: "automatic constant (up/down) changer"

This feature would change your ratio each time the torrent client reports it. It's kind of difficult to explain because english isn't my native language.

For example, you choose to report your upload as 1 time your download. The first time the program reports the up/down as you have chosen. But the next time, the program will automatically change this (for example) to 1.10. Later it will change it to 0.90 an so on using another values...
This way the cheating is more difficult to be detected (I think).

Another cool feature could be to specify a ratio cheating constant for EACH tracker you use. For example: 1.00 for "A", 1.25 for "B" (A,B=trackers).

Well, that's all. keep up the good work Smile
andresado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: release Reply with quote

A lot of people is waiting the new release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1