Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
since i started GT my upoads have ceased seeding?!

caynick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: since i started GT my upoads have ceased seeding?! Reply with quote

hey all

1stly thanks guys for this software

Since i installed i can see it working well...but 1 thing is weird

I DL'd Transformers purely cos there were 7000 seeders so i saw it as a good opp to boost my share ratio by keeping it on...

since it downloaded tho and now sits in my lower Azureus window, its showing 0 seeds...in fact all my DL's in upper box (ie uncomplete) are fine and seeding well...but my lower box has sh** of peeps in swarm, yet 0 seeds...a few torrents are uploading a little tho

any ideas?
daddycool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no ideas Laughing
________
No2 vaporizer

Last edited by daddycool on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
caynick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: helpful Reply with quote

thanks.....really appreciate logging on for that one
Sajiv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the status of tracker ?
dryden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean, you have 0 seeds (I'm not familiar with Azureus)? I would say you don't need seeds, but leechers.

What happens if you remove GT from the chain? (ie get Azureus to connect directly to the tracker again).

There are some (maybe quite a few) people whose BitTorrent connection has been nerfed by their provider. Your case seems to match the description. What happens is that your provider monitors all bittorrent-tracker traffic to see if you are still downloading or only seeding. Then, when you no longer download but only seed, your connection is nerfed. I don't know how that works; perhaps all the ips in the tracker response peer list get blocked so you can no longer connect to any leechers.

So perhaps this is what's troubling you. But if your problems started only when you started using GT, this maybe a bit unlikely.
caynick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: replies Reply with quote

hey all..my tracker status is always ok...my smilies are green and im getting uploads, they are moving, share ratio improving.....its weird

now theres no difference when i take GT off?!! hmmm...
dryden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
now theres no difference when i take GT off?!! hmmm...

That was to be expected. GT only alters 1 number in every tracker communication, it could never cause seeding to cease just like that.

Whether your phenomenon has been caused by GT or not, it is now something between your client and your tracker and/or your peers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1