Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
proxy connect error .....previous solutions not working...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
qu4s1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: proxy connect error .....previous solutions not working... Reply with quote

i am getting the same problem as posted by many users b4 .... and i have tried ALL the solutions posted in the forum till now as of 15 sept 08 Crying or Very sad ....
the error is
proxy connect error: ..the machine actively refused it........
please help........ Sad
i have tried
utorrent 1.8......... changed localhost to 127.0.0.1
utorrent 1.7.4...........not working
awaiting replies.......
hahaha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this

Go to internet Explorer
then tools
then internet option
then connection then click on LAN setting
the click on automatically detect setting
YOU Are DONE
skorpio1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried solution above

uTorrent 108(11813)
Gtor 1 Beta
Win XP
IE8
Diasbled Norton 360

some other help please
skorpio1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobooo wrote:
Easy fix
Go to uTorrent's Options - Preferences - Connection
Proxy: 127.0.0.1
-not localhost

use this it works
bobooo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are having problems with pre 1.8 and using localhost, I would think it's a computer issue. Maybe it is 360. I have never used it, but ZoneAlarm kept some of its locks on, even after 'disabling' it. Turn 360 on and manually add utorrent, or make 360 allow all traffic temporarily for troubleshooting.
nomad1984

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Try This..It worked for me...SURE SHOT...MUST WORK.. Reply with quote

As some users said

1)U can add ports in usual manner , any ports but better is above 50xxx

2) Make sure u forwards all the ports through Firewall and ur Router/Modem , if it supports UPnP its good...Forward them properly..

3) Use 127.0.0.1 this as Proxy IT WILL WORK....

4) Also Restart Greedytorrent first and then Utorrent and check what happens..I m sure this might work for u all..since it did for me...

Enjoy leeching..But atleast Sometime for being generous DO SEED...
hiyou_uk1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: GT not working Reply with quote

Some of these solutions may have somehow worked for some of you but believe me they wont work for everybody.

There is some sort of flaw operating here. Whether it be something to do with the trackers or GT itself I don't know but it does exist and it can strike at any time.

I have a friend who used GT problem free for a week then all of a sudden the trackers were all reporting connection closed by peer. No amount of tinkering would solve it. That was several weeks ago but just tonight the very same thing has happened to me out of the blue.

I have tried EVERY solution on this forum. Even went back to previous versions of utorrent. Nothing works and I expect it will remain like that. It's not firewalls it's not anti virus or proxy settings or routers. It's between the trackers and GT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1