Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Problems with GT -- No Ratio Change, Fails to Parse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
Nerx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Problems with GT -- No Ratio Change, Fails to Parse Reply with quote

Like a lot of people I am getting the: Failed to Parse Client Request. And my Ratio doesn't seem to be moving at all.

*utorrent 1.6.1 (Also tried 1.7.6 with same results)
*HTTP Proxy set to localhost 3456
*GT set to listen on 3456
*Port 3456 Forwarded correctly in router.
*All BT options (DHT, Peer, Scrape) disabled.
*Encryption on, Allow Legacy on.
*GT Set to 2.0 D/L Ratio.

D/L speeds are good, U/L seems slow -- No notable ratio increase in GT. When I manually update the tracker, GT gives me that Failed to Parse Client Request. if I stop and restart the torrent, I get Downloads=0 B, Upload=0 B, Modified Upload=0 B.

All help appreciated.

If there is a better version of Utorrent for compatibility with GT, let me know -- I downgraded to 1.6.1 but that doesn't seemed to have helped.
Nerx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Fixed It! Reply with quote

Ok for people having the Parse error, here's what you have to do.

Make sure that the listen port for Utorrent is different from the one for GT and the Proxy.

For example:

A = Port used for Incoming Connections: 12345
B = HTTP Proxy: Localhost Port: 65432

C = GT Listen Port: 65432

A has to be different than B and C (Which have to be the same)

===

That's not clear in the set up docs, and should maybe be added to config page. But after doing the above, my errors went away and it works fine with current version of UT.
vinnyirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed It! Reply with quote

This is the way I have it set up and Greedy torrent still says "Failed to Parse Client Request" although uTorrent says I should change the listening port?

A = Port used for Incoming Connections: 37369
B = HTTP Proxy: Localhost Port: 3456
C = GT Listen Port: 3456
adipra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Suggestion helped but ....... Reply with quote

It says greedy torrent started running

Connected to utorrent

Tracker update request sent

Data recived from tracker

but also says GT is idle and no difference in ratio Mad Mad Mad Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1