Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
GreedyTorrent remains on idle!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
lajones1977

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: GreedyTorrent remains on idle!! Reply with quote

Hi,
As with Danny my GreedyTorrent is remaining on idle (I use UTorrent). I have followed all the steps as described in other forum topics, tried changing the http port number but to no avail. Any ideas??
Helios

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lajones1977

Did u follow the screenshots available in the site? Use that instead of the forum posts.

All you have to do is

http://www.greedytorrent.com/docs/guides/utorrent/

Please follow the above link and post here if u continue to have problems

regards
Helios
lajones1977

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

I followed the guide in GreedyTorrent first but could not set it up with that so secondly checked the forum. Everytime I configure the ports to each other I get the message 'Could not listen at the specified port. Please change the port in preferences'. The port on UTorrent and GreedyTorrent are always the same and I try changing them (keeping the same on both) but always the same message. hope you can help.

Many thanks. lajones
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If GreedyTorrent shows "Could not listen at the specified port", it means the port you have configured (or the default 3456) is already used in your system, or you have a firewall that blocks GreedyTorrent from listening on the specified port. Try configuring a new port in the preferences dialog first.

Right click the tray icon of GreedyTorrent and select preferences.
Enter a new port number, in the range 1024-65500 and click OK.
Quit and restart GreedyTorrent for the change to take effect.

If the new port also is used, try again. Also, if you have a firewall installed, you need to allow GreedyTorrent to listen and access internet.

Once the error is gone, you can set the HTTP proxy port in uTorrent as the same.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Admin
lajones1977

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Many thanks for your help,have done as you said and finally found an unused port, and GreedyTorrent is working perfectly. What a program.

Many thanks, Lajones
azz2693

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: greedy torrent says its idle Reply with quote

greedy torrent says its idle, ive done what you said but it still says it idle can you help me Confused thanks. plus on utorrent it says 'proxy connect error; no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.' Confused which i dont understand. if any one can help plz do, thanks again. plus im on vista if that mkes any difference, and got norton360.
stitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. GreedyTorrent says "GreedyTorrent is idle". And my uTorrent doesnt do anything unless I change the proxy server type to "none". Any help?!
koni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreedyTorrent is NOT working anymore, with almost every tracker...

Crying or Very sad
stormcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working for me... ON THEBOX.BZ, piss be upon them.

I wonder if these one-post-wonders, saying GT isn't working, or leaks info to the FBI, causes bowel cancer, or whatever, are really just tracker staff trying to prevent the 'cheating' that their arsewipe rules cause...
kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: greedy torrent stays idle Reply with quote

I am having problems with greedytorrent staying idle. I have no idea how to fix it. I followed the instructions on how to fix it for utorrent. I did not receive any messages on why it is not working (no connection errors ect). Is there anything I can try or do I have to uninstall then reinstall and hope for the best. My download speed is extremely low that it takes days of constant downloading to get everything. Any Help would be appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2