Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
I figured out the "unable to connect to host" prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
fixerupratio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: I figured out the "unable to connect to host" prob Reply with quote

Here's the problem. Most of the publicly found torrents use the old Pirate Bay trackers to report back to...

the problem is that The Pirate Bay has disabled their server for updating tracker info...

therefore, to make greedy torrent work...

1. load up a torrent for any site you find into UTorrent like normal
2. have greedy torrent working too...

HERE'S THE FIX

3. Now, when the torrent starts to download, double click the name in Utorrent, and a pop-up window will appear listing the trackers it's reporting back to.

- - - NOW, erase the trackers in that box that say www.thepiratebay.org (or anything piratebay related)

4. Click ok after you delete those lines, there are usually two trackers from TPB

5. now, you're only left reporting to the other trackers from the other websites, right click the name of the torrent, and say "update tracker"....

click over to greedy torrent and you'll see it's now updating to the remaining trackers.

You're all set!
fixerupratio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adding some keywords so google can spider this

Greedytorrent Greedy torrent unable to connect to host (95.211.101.132)

this hitch had me scratching my head for a good minute
spacemanschmuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude you just solved all my problems. I've been getting terrible download speeds and I had no idea why. I went through the trackers for all the torrents and deleted everything that was unresponsive and I'm once again downloading at full stream. Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1