Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Greedy Torrent does not speed up my download speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
lion101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Greedy Torrent does not speed up my download speed Reply with quote

Im using Azureus Vuze client and greedy torrent to fake uploads at 50x it says it has recieved tracker update and stats as:
DL=4.5Mib UL=3.2MiB ModUL=161.45Mib
DL=15.5Mib UL=7.8MiB ModUL=390.8Mib (this is highest dl)

So why is my dl speed so low if my upload is really being reported as 161.45Mib?

The torrent im downloading is big with 100 seeds/640 peers so it should be faster no?

My broadband connection can do max 250kb/s with http/ftp downloads but it seems torrents are always nasty slow Sad
lion101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad No reply I think I'll hit the uninstall icon bye stupid sh** fool someone else Mad
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're dumb! RTFM! Read the f* manuals!

You don't get any speed increase from peers if you report a fake ratio to the tracker. The only preference you get is from the tracker side, not from the peers' sides.

I hope you got my point.
rott1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like lilgeeek said your download speed doesnt increase at all it just modifies what your actually doing. If your speeds are slow id look at your seetings, there are numorous youtube vidieos out there that show you what your settings should be at to increase your download speeds.
ravendawson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you don’t really need Greedy Torrent in the first place. There are other ways on how to speed up torrent downloads. For instance, try switching to another Internet service provider to obtain a faster Internet connection. You may also want to use a good bittorrent client and modify its settings to achieve maximum download speed. In addition, you may try stopping other processes on your network because they might be taking up much of the bandwidth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1