Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Feature request[s]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

ADSL (l)user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Feature request[s] Reply with quote

I have a feature request or two:

(1) I think that it would be better that when taking into account number of bytes downloaded that ratio should be randomly taken between some values a user would enter. For example:

Each 1MiB you download will be reported as between 0.8MiB and 1.2 MiB upload.

In that way it would be even harder to detect GT

(2) I'm not quite certain, but when using GT in "report ratio of downloaded MiB" mode, is the number of MiB reported to tracker only number of MiB downloaded multipied with factor or same as before but with added number of MiB actually uploaded? If the former is the case, there should be an option so that latter could be performed if user wishes.

(3) And lastly, but not the least important, entering numbers above 5-6 for multipiler should really not be available. And, of course, in order to achieve that, you should close source code as soon as possible.

Anyways, keep up with great work! ADSL (l)users salute you! Smile
uberrig

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feature request....

Stop using this to cheat you lowlifes.

Next.

//U
________
Marijuana card

Last edited by uberrig on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
getreal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ADSL(I)user,

Thanks for the suggestions. You might see them in the next version Smile.. Make sure you set your ratio as a multiple of your actual upload only. Ratios submitted to tracker in such case is exactly same as that of a high speed uploader, because its never an exact multiple of your actual download.

To keep things even safer, use these guidelines:

* Use decimal multiples, such as 3.49 and 4.12
    * Make minor variations in your ratio, periodically. But take care not to lower your ratio in a single session.
    * Use multiples that gives you slightly less than a 1:1 ratio. For example, if you get 1:1 ratio with 4 times actual upload, use 3.44 or 3.67 x upload so that you reach between 1:0.6 and 1:0.9 (in other words, just keep your ratio as the bare minimum to survive)

Btw, GreedyTorrent is freeware, not open source.

Regards.
Diablo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:

To keep things even safer, use these guidelines:

* Use decimal multiples, such as 3.49 and 4.12
    * Make minor variations in your ratio, periodically. But take care not to lower your ratio in a single session.
    * Use multiples that gives you slightly less than a 1:1 ratio. For example, if you get 1:1 ratio with 4 times actual upload, use 3.44 or 3.67 x upload so that you reach between 1:0.6 and 1:0.9 (in other words, just keep your ratio as the bare minimum to survive)

Regards.

Thx admin ... Very Happy

hope you code all these guideline stuff into next version...coz i have a problem with decimals and fractions Sad
ACiD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't got to grade 8 yet where they deal with fractions and other math equations.. Shows how stupid some people are.. lol
uberrig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:

Regards.

not open source which proves you as* are working for the MPAA.

meh, i'll just decompile the software for fun then.

Since this is requests, can I just have the source so I don't have to waste time decompiling it?

//U
________
Wholesale Vaporizer

Last edited by uberrig on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
lfe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u have feature that amkes it so that when i try to leech something it can do it through a proxy. cuz if i use this i can't put in 2 proxy address in utorrent.

cuz sometimes i wanna keep my real ip hidden

also can u make it usb so i can use it on dif computers?

thanks
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Its called "proxy chaining" and we might be able to see it in the next version. We're planning to add an advanced tab in the configuration dialog containing some more tweaks to make this feature rich, like enabling the use of banned BitTorrent clients.

These are the strong arguments that forced us to avoid the proxy chaining option in this version.

1. Even if you use a free internet proxy, it cannot be a transparent one, but an anonymous one (one that does not use the 'via' header, and forwards traffic as it were originated from it). If you are using a transparent proxy the tracker can get your real ip from the Via field.

2. Only the tracker communication can be made anonymous by using such a proxy. The peer-wire protocol is still open, and your ip does not stay anonymous.

3. If multiple users start using the same anonymous IP, tracker admin can list and ban the users connecting via it, and ban the anonymous proxy from connecting to it in the future.

4. If used a transparent proxy, tracker admin can always ban users connecting from publicly available proxies.

As for now, GreedyTorrent is impossible to detect if used properly.

Please feel free to debate on this. Perhaps we can come up with a solution to these problems.

Then, about using it in USB. Right now you can copy the executable GTor.exe if you want, to a USB or removable drive and use it from there. However, the settings are stored in windows registry, which is machine dependent. You will need to configure both GreedyTorrent and the BitTorrent client the first time on each machine.
Diablo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uberrig wrote:

meh, i'll just decompile the software for fun then.

Since this is requests, can I just have the source so I don't have to waste time decompiling it?

//U

hey dumbo...we all know that u aint a coder , so stop saying abt things that u dont understand a bit ....
forget abt c++ and asm , atleast learn HTML.... but before that finish reading " Bittorrent for dummies " Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3