Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
small problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melvinmeow wrote:

While it may be hard to detect users using greedytorrent from the peers list... I have found that checking the actual announces in the servers apache logs brings forth much fruit in detecting this sucky plugin.
Most people wouldnt bother checking such logs cause its kinda time consuming but me as well as others are in the process of making it more obvious when people are using this client. I have already been 14 people in the last 4hrs using this plugin. Looks like its back to the drawing board for the coders Wink

GreedyTorrent, as mentioned in the feature list, does not generate any extra traffic, including announces.

Number of announces that reaches the tracker will be equal to the number of announces the bittorrent client makes.
Melvinmeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Melvinmeow wrote:

While it may be hard to detect users using greedytorrent from the peers list... I have found that checking the actual announces in the servers apache logs brings forth much fruit in detecting this sucky plugin.
Most people wouldnt bother checking such logs cause its kinda time consuming but me as well as others are in the process of making it more obvious when people are using this client. I have already been 14 people in the last 4hrs using this plugin. Looks like its back to the drawing board for the coders Wink

GreedyTorrent, as mentioned in the feature list, does not generate any extra traffic, including announces.

Number of announces that reaches the tracker will be equal to the number of announces the bittorrent client makes.

Hehe Nowhere did I say I was finding people based on more than ussual announces. I think your trying to cover the fact up that you and I know it can be detected... very time consuming at the moment but give it a few weeks and someone will find a way of making it detect them as soon as they load the plugin.
Melvinmeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW congrats on writing this client. It seems to be drawing quite a bit of attention at least. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing Wink

Ussually the more attention cheat clients get the more staff on the various trackers try and pool resources to find a solution to prevent stuff like this from being used.

Just curious... have you at all tried to contact some of the staff on the various private trackers to see what their policies are on leeches? Theres quite a few that dont really give a hoot about low ratios.
ace696

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melvinmeow wrote:
Just curious... have you at all tried to contact some of the staff on the various private trackers to see what their policies are on leeches? Theres quite a few that dont really give a hoot about low ratios.

Hey... thats good info.. Very Happy Very Happy Could you post those here:
http://forum.greedytorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=48
Melvinmeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the ones I know of are invite only or closed for new signups anyways. I dont see the point in mentioning them publicly as well since others from the batch I know of ask their url not to be posted on public forums so I respect their wishes.

You should be able to find a list of the common ones if you enter the correct keyword in google Wink
Theirs a few forums that rate and comment about the sites just read their comments and it should give you a general idea where to start searching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2