Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Port Forwarding and GT

rori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Port Forwarding and GT Reply with quote

i have a router at home and i need to open there ports
how do i know which port should i open for gt on the router/fw???

can you add the feature of using specific outgoing port?
(i wondered why it's making me problems and now i understand - it uses random ports and not the incoming port)

cheers
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rori wrote:
i have a router at home and i need to open there ports
how do i know which port should i open for gt on the router/fw???

GreedyTorrent does not accept connections from outside and thus requires no port-forwarding in your router.

Regarding random outgoing ports, this is the normal behaviour of any TCP IP based application, for example, your internet browser.

rori wrote:

can you add the feature of using specific outgoing port?
(i wondered why it's making me problems and now i understand - it uses random ports and not the incoming port)

Could you detail a bit about what problems you are facing with GreedyTorrent? We can help you out. Smile

Regards,
Admin
rori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using
Windows XP PRO SP2
uTorrent 1.6.1
windows firewall
router microsoft mn-700

when i 1st used gt -- windows fw prompt -- i opened the ports for gt

when i run gt and utorrent and use localhost in the proxy setting,
utorrent refuses to connect as fast as without gt ("as fast as" doesn't describe it properly.... maybe "very very very very very... slow"describes it better) it takes couple of minutes to make the annouce properly and start

please advise

cheers
---

BTW:sorry for the broken English Smile
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rori wrote:

when i run gt and utorrent and use localhost in the proxy setting,
utorrent refuses to connect as fast as without gt ("as fast as" doesn't describe it properly.... maybe "very very very very very... slow"describes it better) it takes couple of minutes to make the annouce properly and start

Does uTorrent show any tracker error? If its a "proxy connect" error, it seems to be a bug in uTorrent. Apparently, uTorrent automatically resolves this problem after a minute or so, I guess they might correct this issue in the future version.
Helios

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rori,

Make sure that u have the latest version of utorrent. I think its utorrent 1.6.1

Please let us know if u run into any more problems.
rori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wierd --> now it's not making the problem
i think the only thing that is difference now is

emule is not running (on the background)

when emule runs(even if it doesn't dl/ul on full speed-- my connection is adsl dl/ul 2.5mb/35kbs and the problem appers even if emule dl at 20kbs and doesn't upload at all) it makes the problem of slow connection only when using GT (if gt is disabled utorrent works fine)

emule version Miles KOT 3 lite
i wonder does it happen with every emule mod ?

BTW: ratiomaster also makes announce problems while emule runs
rori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Hi rori,

Make sure that u have the latest version of utorrent. I think its utorrent 1.6.1

Please let us know if u run into any more problems.

as i wrote:
im using
Windows XP PRO SP2
uTorrent 1.6.1
windows firewall
router microsoft mn-700.
Helios

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rori,

I guess when you run a traffic intensive application like emule, it certainly slows down utorrent. And regarding the "slow down" during tracker announces, that is because, there is a bug in the utorrent proxy module.
ace696

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought everyone threw the mule away.. You still use that???? Is it still good?? Shocked
rori

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think the mule slows utorrent regularly because it slows it only when gt is working.

ratiomaster isn't taking anything of the bandwith and emule also corrupt it
while http doesn't feel the mule at all.

i guess you know what you say and there is a problem in the utorrent proxy. because i tried it a few more times yesterday and on the 1st announce it did it right... but when i click update tracker (10 mins after the 1st announce) manually it showed the proxy connection error - unable to connect proxy
i did this test something like 5 times and every time it did the same problem (emule wasn't running on the background)
i hope they will fix it Smile

for the last question of ace696
for the newest thing like "a new ep of prison break or a new movie" released 10 min ago it's faster to download via bittorrent but if i download movies (usually i wait for the translation of the Eng subtitle to my own language) and then if the movie is older then 3 days emule downloads it from the webcash and its downloading a movie usually of 700 MB at average of 292 Kb/s which makes it 35 min for a 700 mb file ( i think it's faster then most of the private trackers because it doesn't take it 2-6 mins to get to 270 Kb/s it just start with it)

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1