Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Private Site List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Chat, flaming and discussions about ethics
ace696

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo wrote:
Hey ACE696 , how did u find nuget's site ???

anyway , thats a good news Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha!... Grrooglehacks!! Btw, nuget's a netherlands guy too (his flag on his own forum).
daikatana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nothing but true abuse of private trackers. Why the f* are you guys doing this? We give you better stuff, and why you hate us?
Not-Majes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really sad. You're missing the whole point of a private ratio based community. No private site is trying to hurt it's memberbase by forceing them to have a great upload speed or go out and buy a seed box.

On most private sites seeding at 1k for 24 hours is more than enough to get by. But what you want is something more like take all and not give sh** back. This is not helping anyone including yourselves.

Think of it like this, I use your cheat; which is exactly what it is. And I report to the tracker I have seeded back 120% when I really only seeded back 10%. The original uploader will see this and move on thinking this swarm is well seeded, but it isn't so you all get screwed cheating each other outta that 10% you all have. Sad in deed.

For those n00bs comming here trying to find a way to survive on a private site, why not read the sites rules. I think you will find that most have something like "If you need help maintaing ratio contact a staff member" You'd be surprised the kinda help you get. But if you are found using something like this "cheat". You are going to find yoursleves not alowed on any site.

Sad sad sad but, thanks for the plug.

Peace!
ace696

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not-Majes wrote:
You guys are really sad. You're missing the whole point of a private ratio based community. No private site is trying to hurt it's memberbase by forceing them to have a great upload speed or go out and buy a seed box.

I really don't get the "whole" point. If you are running a private tracker to enable sharing things, why do you keep it private and enforce ratio?

Not-Majes wrote:
On most private sites seeding at 1k for 24 hours is more than enough to get by.

I don't think so. I download at 2mbps now. Would that be enough?

Not-Majes wrote:
But what you want is something more like take all and not give sh** back. This is not helping anyone including yourselves.

Exactly. Why do I have to share when I don't have to. Before GT, I used to seed because it was necessary. Now I use bittorrent+private tracker like http download, no sharing back. I subscribe piracy, but I don't want to support it. Kinda selfish, rt? Laughing

Not-Majes wrote:
Think of it like this, I use your cheat; which is exactly what it is. And I report to the tracker I have seeded back 120% when I really only seeded back 10%. The original uploader will see this and move on thinking this swarm is well seeded, but it isn't so you all get screwed cheating each other outta that 10% you all have. Sad in deed.

Truly a sad consequence. Crying or Very sad

Not-Majes wrote:
For those n00bs comming here trying to find a way to survive on a private site, why not read the sites rules. I think you will find that most have something like "If you need help maintaing ratio contact a staff member" You'd be surprised the kinda help you get. But if you are found using something like this "cheat". You are going to find yoursleves not alowed on any site.

Now that's where I disagree. I really had a bad experience doing that. If I post the mail that a private tracker admin sent me for asking help on ratio, it would be considered here as flaming. Didn't work for me. Mad But anyway, GT does work for me and I don't see why I should beg anyone now to get me a good ratio.
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not-Majes wrote:

For those n00bs comming here trying to find a way to survive on a private site, why not read the sites rules. I think you will find that most have something like "If you need help maintaing ratio contact a staff member" You'd be surprised the kinda help you get.

I agree with ace, I dont think its going to work.

Not-Majes wrote:

But if you are found using something like this "cheat". You are going to find yoursleves not alowed on any site.

If we're caught. "If"....

//LilGEEEK
Not-Majes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, carry on then Smile
ace696

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one preacher here who called himself nuget or something, admin at peerportal.org. I think he "accidently" killed all his good seeders hoping to find at least one GT user.

Every time he came and preached here that he just killed a GT user on his website, (he even deleted a user who matched this site's moderator user name, poor chap!) I was practically leeching his site. He was never able to detect and ban me, I still do leech his site, he got really good resources. Smile Now both sides are happy...
patrickdrd

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherwonk wrote:
Filelist and Demonoid arent considered private.

what do you mean?

won't I get banned if I don't upload?

no need to keep up a good ratio in demonoid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Chat, flaming and discussions about ethics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3