Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
configure Utorrent + GT + USR 9107

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting
codered0001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: configure Utorrent + GT + USR 9107 Reply with quote

hi,
I need to know what exctly to do to configure my torrent client - utorrent 1.6.1 + GT with my Router ( USR 9107 )

This is what I did so far.

I gave a listening port to Utorrent like 59xxx
then configured it to work with GT by enabling http proxy ( localhost with port 3456 )
Then entered that port in GT also.

But when I tried to use utorrent the status remain red, but the downloading is done .

Then I configured my router by adding a virtual server ( I dont know if this is neccesary ) for the ports I entered 3456 only.

but still the status remained at "red". what can I do to fix this

additional info -
win xp
utorrent 1.6.1
USR 9107
Upnp is enabled in router

thanks
Codered
ace696

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: configure Utorrent + GT + USR 9107 Reply with quote

codered0001 wrote:

I gave a listening port to Utorrent like 59xxx
then configured it to work with GT by enabling http proxy ( localhost with port 3456 )
Then entered that port in GT also.

OK, so far.

codered0001 wrote:

But when I tried to use utorrent the status remain red, but the downloading is done .

Any status message in GT?

codered0001 wrote:

Then I configured my router by adding a virtual server ( I dont know if this is neccesary ) for the ports I entered 3456 only.

You need to add virtual server to uTorrent's port. Not GT's. GT does not require incoming connections. So fwd to 59xxx instead.

codered0001 wrote:

Upnp is enabled in router

If UPnP is enabled, you dont need to port forward at all. uTorrent will do it automatically. However, its better to turn of UPnP and manually port forward instead, for better security.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1