Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
greedy kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Chat, flaming and discussions about ethics

would you like to live in:
a world without bittorrent?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a world with with bittorrent?
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

bugme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: greedy kids Reply with quote

just random thoughts and a poll (kinda rhetorical):

this GT thing, though far from being a popular tool, is a p2p community's bad dream. private trackers are simply a next step in development of BT community. they offer high value shares, torrents (never fakes) that live much longer than on mininova or piratebay. so fortunately not a dangerous one, it's never gonna achieve high popularity. BT community has much stronger enemies than a bunch of idiots. why?

you've got to be an idiot or work for RIAA or a similar institution to develop and promote this kind of software. as GT is a step towards torentless world, it should get RIAA blessing. that's why it does not deserve any respect from BT community and everyone who's using it is simply a mindless cu**. as a form of countermeasure i propose to create a semi-open database of cheaters ip's. private trackers admins should freely exchange those ips. an ip once banned on one private tracker should be banned on all of them. also certain ip ranges. i doubt anyone would risk cheating.

and by the way. i came across ppl arguing that "thay laugh at the community of thievs having any kind of ethical values". using this kind rhetoric was typical for government officials and recording industry representatives. so at least you know where to ask for funds to develop it.
ADSL (l)user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: greedy kids Reply with quote

bugme wrote:
just random thoughts and a poll (kinda rhetorical):

this GT thing, though far from being a popular tool, is a p2p community's bad dream. private trackers are simply a next step in development of BT community.
You couldn't be more wrong with this one.
Quote:
as a form of countermeasure i propose to create a semi-open database of cheaters ip's. private trackers admins should freely exchange those ips. an ip once banned on one private tracker should be banned on all of them. also certain ip ranges. i doubt anyone would risk cheating.
And why do you think it was not done before? It's impossible to make fair ban list. What about ppl that have dynamic IPs? What with ppl that change provider?

Quote:
and by the way. i came across ppl arguing that "thay laugh at the community of thievs having any kind of ethical values". using this kind rhetoric was typical for government officials and recording industry representatives. so at least you know where to ask for funds to develop it.
And NOT paying for someone else's hard work is OK? As long as it is done in "private" manner on "private" tracker?

Go away.
bugme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: greedy kids Reply with quote

as i said earlier: your way of thinking is RIAA's and FBI's way of thinking. it kills p2p. are you from RIAA btw?

by promoting your way of thinking you are promoting torrentless world - a world, where everyone leeches and noone is giving anything back. what's the result of your stupid behaviour? then there will be nobody to cheat. you're gonna have to watch tv, go to hollywood video and buy copy protected music with no right to remix the song. the only good side of it is that maybe you'll find some spare time and go to library and read something to train your brain a little. then you will realize how lame you had been back then, but it's gonna be too late.

BTW. noone forces you to using private trackers. why you all people think you deserve everything? if you wanna leech - go to mininova. this is the place when noone is respecting any rules. and this is the place for you . noone wants you on private trackers.
lilgeeek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think mininova or piratebay has more users than a lame private tracker? Because its OPEN.

You're forgetting one fact -- but shutting down registration or enforcing ratio, you're reducing the number of possible seeders. I may be a leech due to my limitation on internet connection speed, but still I'm uploading whatever I can, ain't I? More peers, higher chances of having more seeders, richer the resource, isn't it?

But what's the use? These lame private trackers don't really care about the BitTorrent protocol or community, do they? Don't you know all they care about is the donations that they get when somebody begs to get the ratio up when not able to seed? And you still think they give a damn about the community? Crap. Tell it to your grandchildren and they might believe you.
JewEsore73

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Sun Aug 26 2007 6 29 pm Reply with quote

I am up for this as well, gonna try my LM in DPS mode if you guys dont mind = should be fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Chat, flaming and discussions about ethics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1