Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Tips and tricks to survive without a ban!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

ace696

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Tips and tricks to survive without a ban!! Reply with quote

I'm quoting from admin's reply on this thread: http://forum.greedytorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=25 with some additions.

* Always use multiples of upload.. That way, the upload graph reported will always be a magnified version of your actual upload.

Quote:

* Use decimal multiples, such as 3.49 and 4.12

* Make minor variations in your ratio, periodically. But take care not to lower your ratio in a single session.

* Use multiples that gives you slightly less than a 1:1 ratio. For example, if you get 1:1 ratio with 4 times actual upload, use 3.44 or 3.67 x upload so that you reach between 1:0.6 and 1:0.9 (in other words, just keep your ratio as the bare minimum to survive)

Additions that I think could be useful...

* Start with a new account if possible.. and keep your behavior same all the time.. Don't make big variations.. This should make it difficult to pin point u.... Admins might even think of searching for users who gets better day by day in ratio after GT was made public!!

* Always stick to a ratio just below 1:1... Pretty legitimate Cool

* When it comes to torrents without any downloaders (only seeds), don't upload at all. I.e., set an upload multiple of 0 or 1 in GT... If you show you're giving out data to torrents without any one to download.. Its pretty lame, easily detectable by tracker admin Smile You can recover this loss in ratio by putting slightly higher multiples later... just like a normal seeding person would do!!

Thats all I can think of now.. If you find any better ones... please do post below Smile.... Greetz and bye-4-now....
uberrig

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the only tip/trick you need to know on how to not get banned....... pay attention kiddies.

DON'T CHEAT

//U
________
PENNY STOCKS TO WATCH

Last edited by uberrig on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
getreal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
lfe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can get 4.0 ratio easy
those tracker guys don't care

i use it on all my sites and only 1 site warned me
so i just decrease it to 2.0 and so far so good.

but before i was using this other program dunno how long this one will last.
lfe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya forgot to say this

don't pretend to upload when there's no leechers, u have to go on ones that have lots of leechers.
ace696

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm... you could be in trouble if you play "too greedy" .... Laughing Laughing

ratio 1.0 or less to survive looks better to me, than getting banned!! I think i'll leave higher ratio ranks to actual seeders.. let them survive tooo.. they really need the credit for seeding like hell!!! Razz Very Happy Very Happy
HT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFE seems to know what he's talking about Wink Wink ...... Laughing Laughing Laughing ....
AloneInTheDark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i been cheating on all the private trackers im on (including oink) using a public hacked client and have never been caught. i was very careful in not alarming the admins. here is some of the things i do:

-vary my upload speeds (20-30). also never exceed more than 40kb/s
-choose torrents carefully. i never cheat on top seeded torrent
-always check my profile, and the peer listing for info on my stats so i know that im not becoming suspicious
-i dont do it everyday

be aware that there are 2 types of ratio: your overall ratio and a per torrent ratio (your ratio on a single torrent that you are downloading). if for example there are 100 seeders and 10 leechers, its impossible for you to get 1 ratio on THAT single torrent (while downloading)! generally do not cheat on large seeded torrents while you are downloading.

i think the most important part in my cheating is that i upload stuff too. when the admins check my profile, they will see torrents uploaded, and they will think that my ratio was the result of the upload (not the case). i once cheated on my uploaded torrent that got me 200 ratio.. was a mistake, but never got banned Laughing

just go ahead and check other peoples profile, you will get an idea on who the cheaters and legit and will give you clues on how to cheat subtly Razz

but always remember that admins have loots of data on you that is not made public and it is easy to detect a pattern. just dont abuse too much Razz
bugme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lfe wrote:
u can get 4.0 ratio easy
those tracker guys don't care

i use it on all my sites and only 1 site warned me
so i just decrease it to 2.0 and so far so good.

but before i was using this other program dunno how long this one will last.

very true. I used to be cautious, but I realize now that you don't have to be as careful Wink .
even 0day trackers ignore you.
Melvinmeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a few replys here saying not to upload at all.
Doesnt that contradict what this tool is ::cough cough:: intended for?
Its supposed to help people with slow upload speeds achieve a 1:1 ratio. Its not "allegedly" supposed to be for people who dont want to seed at all.

To be honest... most sites could care less if you cheat a little... long as your seeding for a while. Its when you share 0bytes and bail on the files trying to make it show you sent 4gigs that it pisses sites staff off.

I dont really see the point in using this tool. If your ratio sucks maybe you guys should just join 1/some of the many communities that offer you bonus points just for leaving a file seeding.
(You dont even have to be sending anything)

I dont think the creator of this tool took that into effect that alot of sites have recently been trying to help out the peers with sucky upload speeds by giving out extra incentives.
Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2