Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Does This Program Actually DO Anything?

Gene Frenkle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Does This Program Actually DO Anything? Reply with quote

So I'm on Google looking for uTorrent tweaks and I come across this site and this application and figured I'd give it a try. I download it, install it, get it running and everything seems to be working (my bloated upload rates are being reported properly and all the settings are configured correctly). But my question is: does this program actually do anything?

I have a 3M/256 cable connection. Without Greedy Torrent I typically get between 40 - 120KBps download speeds on uTorrent. However, with Greedy Torrent it's EXACTLY the same. WTF?? I guess the added bonus of this program is that I might get banned from all the trackers!! YIPEEEEE!!!!

Another idea I had was this. There's a bandwidth limiter called NetLimiter that will allow you to control the upload or download speeds of any applications you have running on your machine. So what I did was set up NetLimiter to only allow uTorrent to upload at 1KBps and then set Greedy Torrent up to report an upload of 100 times my actual upload. That way my Internet surfing wouldn't be severely slow when uTorrent is running and I could still download at my normal speeds. If you do the math, then this means that even though I'm only ACTUALLY uploading at 1KBps, the tracker should think I'm uploading at 100KBps and not send my download to the crapper right? WRONG. NetLimiter did it's job of capping my upload at 1KBps but my download speed still went in the toilet. I've tried several ratio settings in addtion to the 5.51 ratio that Greedy Torrent uses by default as well as the 100 ratio that I tried with NetLimiter but still nothing has worked. And again the program and uTorrent is configured correctly. I also tried using several different port numbers for the proxy settings but once again zilcho.

But regardless, with or without NetLimiter, Greedy Torrent has done nothing to increase my download speeds. Am I missing something here or what? Maybe this program is just has a placebo effect on people and they THINK their downloads are improving even though Greedy Torrent is doing nothing? Fill me in here.

Peace.
bugme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered (well, used bugmenot.com) to tell you specifically that you are an idiot. Sounds like you're not utilising your bandwidth properly either. Your post made me laugh.
Gene Frenkle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugme wrote:
I registered (well, used bugmenot.com) to tell you specifically that you are an idiot. Sounds like you're not utilising your bandwidth properly either. Your post made me laugh.

Then you tell me what to do Einstein. Utilizing the bandwidth? The bandwidth is there sh**. This program just doesn't do anything to make it any better than it ever was. I get 350-375KBps FTP downloads do there's nothing wrong with my bandwidth or my connection. You don't have any answers and all you can do is sit there and talk out of your as*. The only thing funny here is you pr***. Go fu** yourself.

And BTW, you can hide behind your computer and talk trash all day long, but I guaran-fu**-tee if you had the bal** to say that to my face I'd crack your skull so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. BELIEVE THAT. You don't know me motherfucker and I'd bet anything that you sure as hell don't want to.
bugme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not claim to be a genius. Well OK I'm way fu.cking smarter than you. But honestly it's this simple.

This program does not make you download torrents faster. What it does is modify your upload total so that you can maintain a good ratio on trackers that require it. Your first post is rambling crap and doesn't have anything to do with this program. You continue to embarass yourself by posting here. Now, next time you feel the urge to post in haste about some new software you've just started using, perhaps RTFM (read the fu.cking manual) before making claims that it doesn't work as you expected.

I continue to laugh, along with the many others. Oh and you are utilising half of your bandwidth for downloads. I'm on half of what you connect at and get faster speeds than you. Have a nice day, fu.ckcheese.
ace696

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Frenklestein is nuts.

astalavista86

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this fu** Norton Antivirus do anything? I tried to to play an MP3 using it but as soon as I dropped the mp3 file on it a bar filed an it just said no virus found! No sound at all! What the f*ck! Norton Antivirus is bulshit!

WTF!!! Some people are idiot...

By the way, this program has saved my ratio in three private trackers until now.

If you don't know what something does keep your mouth shut people!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1