Home   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in 
Thank you for creating dishonesty :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Chat, flaming and discussions about ethics
getreal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silme wrote:
Why I have to maintain ratio in 1:1???

You don't but then go use someones else's trackers.

Silme wrote:

And if you kill all spoofing tools, I'll switch to Usenet, for 10$month.

Is that supposed to scare them?
getreal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSL (l)user wrote:
You all disgust me.

I know that mere existence of GreedyTorrent is debatable, but until GT I was in very difficuilt situation considering certaint private tracker sites, I almost got banned one time because the torrent I was downloading was quite big and had too many seeders (400 seeders, 50 leechers), so my ratio went really down.

Just to say, my connection is 256/64.

I could not pay to tracker, because I have no credit cards, nor access to one, and I'm living in a country that was until 5 years ago completly isolated from western world.

So, using GT in modest way I can ensure that my ratio stays above 0.5 on some premier tracker sites where I can find content which is not avaible anywhere else.

Whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
ace696

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like uberrig is a private tracker owner, who's attempts failed to avoid GT users, otherwise he wouldn't be here spitting out all this nonsense... ain'it ???

Hahah!!! Btw, why these guys taking this emotionally? Why do you decide what the world should do? Free will baby, you don't want to use it, fine!! Why insist others should stop using it??
ace696

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! (LMAO!!!) Very Happy

Global ban is a nice idea. It will definitely work...

write a rule like if IP=*.*.*.*, block();

Did you realize such a ban is same as taking your tracker offline?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:
Admin you still haven't answered why there are ratios such as 4.0?

At the time of testing this software, many connections required a multiple of 4.0 or above times actual upload to attain a 1:1 ratio. For example, 4.x or 5.x times actual upload would be the recommended setting for an ADSL connection user.

Its up to the user to decide how much he wants to upload. However, multiples of upload is always recommended to that of download.
ACiD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And if you kill all spoofing tools, I'll switch to Usenet, for 10$month.

PLEASE DO SO!!! That's what we are asking!

Quote:
Why I have to maintain ratio in 1:1??? Users with fastest speed seed all the time and with slow speed have to seed for a 3 month to maintain their ratio. People start to bay seedbox to maintain ratio!!? Maybe tracker should change they ratio police and decrease to 1:0.25 or give ratio point for seed time. Or something else.
This way now, tracker favorers the users with fast speed. Its not OK! Bit torrent protocol is for sharing for all users. Everyebody should upl/dl with speed they have.
There will always bee soft like GT, your ratio policy is wrong, no GT

Hmm.. Lemme say it again, maybe your translator wasn't working the first time, I don't speak noob very well.

We don't favour fast speeds, my site with 20,500 users has 1000 users banned for ratio cheating, everyone has to maintain a 1:1 ratio to stay a member, that leaves 19,500 members with a good ratio.. Do you think all those people have fast connections? Are you a moron? Of course they dont, Im sure majority have the same as you and maybe some with even worse.

Yes, there will always be software like GT, we will always be against it and we will always ban you for it..
Sonnentier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace696 wrote:
Why do you decide what the world should do? Free will baby, you don't want to use it, fine!! Why insist others should stop using it??

Easy. Because you leech me. And you don't give me.
I'll decide you something, get your own tracker with only GT users and I have nothing against that!

admin wrote:
Its up to the user to decide how much he wants to upload.

Yep. But not how much fake upload he wants..

Silme wrote:
Why I have to maintain ratio in 1:1???
Because if you don't, you obviously use another's bandwidth for you alone.
Silme wrote:
Maybe tracker should change they ratio police and decrease to 1:0.25 or give ratio point for seed time.
I know trackers that do that. It's called "Seed bonus".
Silme wrote:
This way now, tracker favorers the users with fast speed. [...] Everyebody should upl/dl with speed they have.
It's impossible that everyone downloads more Smile
We have no free servers to download from. It's P2P.
Also, tit-for-tat favours the speedy upload users more than ratios!
It's not possible for a user to show he really cares, because it's only the upload of the line that matters.
With private trackers, you can stay online all the time and show that you take it serious. By that, slow uploads can also get good speeds. But of course it's not easy.

Last edited by Sonnentier on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ACiD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Easy. Because you leech me. And you don't give me.
I'll decide you something, get your own tracker with only GT users and I have nothing against that!

I think he would get lost in the README.TXT file...
Kenny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we talking about 1:1 ratios here? I have never -ever- been on a tracker that requires 1:1. That wouldn't work... Most sites have a minimum requirement of >0.300. This is because the site staff know about all the 256kbps upload users there. You don't have to seed the DVD movie you downloaded the other day to 1:1. Seed to about 1,5 GB, and you will survive on the site.

The keyword here is ironically greed. Those who have want more. When they have limited resources, they can either accept the fact that they have to survive on the little they can get, or they can cheat. They can abuse the service the tracker is giving you for free.

And yes, I buy movies and music, and yes, I donate to my favorite trackers. I give and I take.
Diablo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uberrig wrote:

Meh.. go on with your stupid little cheat modifacation here, eventually some coder will find a way to catch it. This is open source FREE software, so someone will grab it and find a way to catch CHEATER LEECHERS from LIEING about thier uploaded/SHARED amounts.

its a free s/w but it aint open source ... so where did u find the source code ??

uberrig wrote:

go on cheaters, keep signing up here under your own nicks asking questions, we just banned about 30 names on 20+ sites today.

poor guys ....they were good seeders !!!

uberrig wrote:

Admin, feel free to ban me as well cause I don't care, I got a few lurker friends here that will keep me updated on the cheating as* names that sign up here.

stuipidity rulez ... cant u see that memberlist above ??

uberrig wrote:

bye Smile

signed,

uberrig, honest user.

hey uber , u got company i'm also very honest Very Happy Very Happy
thanks for your comments Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GreedyTorrent Community Index -> Chat, flaming and discussions about ethics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14